Treetop Travel, The Rise of Treehouse Hotels’ Demand for Travelers
As the travel experts at Hotels.com saw almost a 30% increase in demand for treehouse hotels last year, today’s travelers are aiming high and dreaming of a vacation in the sky.
Based on hotel demand in 2015 vs 2016 for all properties sold on Hotels.com that are identified as treehouses, treetop luxury (33%) proving more popular than sleeping in a spaceship (28%), checking into a hotel made of gold (24%) or bedding down in an ice hotel (23%).
Ten amazing hotels have been crowned winners by Hotels.com in the brand new Best for Treehouse category, and they could be climbing straight to the top of your wish list.
The top ten Treehouse Hotels to suit every traveler’s taste are listed below :
1. Phuket, Thailand – Keemala
2. Harads, Sweden – Tree Hotel
3. Tulum, Mexico – Azulik – Adults Eco-Resort & Maya Spa
4. Papagayo, Costa Rica – Four Seasons Resort
5. Plettenberg Bay, South Africa – Tsala Treetop Lodge
6. Tioman Island, Malaysia – Japamala Resort
7. El Gigante, Nicaragua – Aqua Wellness Resort
8. Mossman, Australia – Silky Oaks Lodge Mossman
9. Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA – Eureka Springs Treehouses
10. Lower Daintree, Australia – Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa